Tuesday 15 December 2009

Although in the midst of a large project, I went to see my daughter and her family who have recently returned from Singapore. While there we visited Hinton Ampner a big house with impressive gardens, located in northern Hampshire. While there I noticed this chapel that was open, so I went in to look around.





The first windows I saw near the rear of the church were nothing unusual, in that they were standard subjects rendered in the 19th century fashion in keeping with the date of the house.




However when I turned toward the altar, there were quite different windows to view.













It appears that some of the congregation are still uncertain about these two windows, although most enjoy their vibrant colours. And all the people cleaning the church at the time were very complimentary about them.



No comments:

Post a Comment