Sunday 23 October 2011

St John's Church, Largs

I came into contact with St John's Church, Largs through asking to quote for three small windows at the West entrance to the church. Each of these three is only about 0.5 by 1 metre in size. The plaque indicates they were installed in March 1908.



Further around on a curved part of the frontage are three more windows. These appear to be later than above three. This on the theme of "Blessed are those who dwell in the house of the Lord," but in a Scots dialect.


Then in an alcove at balcony level there are two windows dedicated to Robert Simpson who died in the second world war.







1 comment:

  1. The three newer lancets are very familiar - I'll have a look at some of my files. The Agnes Dei lancet is lovely.

    The three older panels have similarities to a panel I saw in Aberdeen in St Clements, Mastrick., which Michael Donnelly suggested was the work of either Louis Davis or perhaps Karl Parsons, both of whom were "disciples" of Whall. Again, I'll see if I can dig it out.

    ReplyDelete